Thursday, April 24, 2008

Argh!

Why does it have to be so difficult? I am trying to get Ethan off of the pacifier. He is now 19 months old, he's been off of the bottle since he was right at one (well, he only had a bottle in the morning, because it was more convenient for me). Ethan does not have it during the day, or during his naps, but needs it at night. Sometimes he'll wake up fumble around, find his pacifier and go back to sleep. I am thinking this is more of a convenience for me. When he can't find it, he comes in and wants to go downstairs to play. Not that much fun at 3 am. No matter what - he knows bed time and knows he has to have his pacifier to sleep. Help - anyone?

2 comments:

Stephie said...

Don't ask me, Emma (whose now 7!!) still sucks her thumb. Braces in her future for sure!! I think my sister would cut the very tips off the pacifier and then her boys didn't want them anymore...I think. Good luck, and if you know how to get a 7 year-old to stop sucking her thumb... :-)

Pat said...

You will have to watch Brittany's blog in the next few days. They took Dallin to the Disney store with a bag of binkeys and let him buy anything he wanted. He paid the lady with a bag of binkeys. He wasn't real happy last night but we will see how it works. The lady at the Disney store made a big deal about how he was going to be such a big boy now. It might be worth a try.