Monday, April 21, 2008

Okay, so I try to be one who compromises on the house stuff. And really, I feel like I am pretty agreeable. Well, when we first moved in Larry was starting the night shift at NIU. If any of you know and remember - he has to have it dark and silent (impossible for me. I am exactly opposite, you know, since I don't go to bed 'til the sun comes up anyway). I made this very thick and black curtain that Velcro'd to the actual window ensuring no light could seep through. Since it was black (and we also planned on getting a new bedroom set) I wanted bedding to somewhat match and drapery too. Keeping the first part in mind - I wanted to get bedding Larry would not hate. I ended up getting this black, cream, blue and chambray and white striped/plaid Nautica set. I did NOT like it at all. But I thought it was masculine, and surely Larry would approve. It has been 2 years. I announced the other day (not wanting to hurt his feelings or seem fickle) I wanted to get new bedding, I had tired of the current. Larry burst into "Thank goodness! I hated the stuff we have now! It is SO ugly, it's an eye-sore, what were you thinking?" I had no idea... I started laughing. This is what I ended up with... which I like, because I have been obsessed with the chocolate brown - and if you remember, I have always loved the sage green and mushroom colors. I think it's simple, but I feel like it is still decent. We have to consider the cats, Ethan, and that Larry and I have two opposite temperature levels at night (his 100 and mine zero below).


3 comments:

The BC Fam said...

Looks great, I'm ready for an update in my kid's room. Since there are 4 of them, we'll have to space it because it's pricey! Your little guy is so cute!

Stephie said...

Nice!! I'm an earth-tone girl myself!! Love the green with the browns!! Looks comfy too!!

Barb Elder said...

I love it. I like it best unmade with your cute boy in the bed. He is so cute.