Friday, February 1, 2008

"Our Little Boy Is All Grows'd Up"

The family all has webcams, and we communicate via Skype, which is awesome - I thank Tyler for that - and while we're all over the Nation it's awesome to keep up. Ethan actually gets to know his cousins without taking the very tedious and expensive flights, which I have no patience for. I can't sit for more than 2 hours, I can't expect a 16 month old! My Gosh! So, I called Ryan, my now, 13 year-old nephew. He was not entertained. Instead, searched the web pretending to pay attention and left the room with his friend. Thank goodness Allee was there and we can have a conversation. I remember when Ryan used to LOVE me coming over and talking to me... boo hoo! I used to ask Ryan if he could stay little, and he would say "okay Aunt Toe-y". I would tell him he was so cute I wanted to eat him. So, I would ask "may I have a bite?" and he would say: "Toe-y, no". Then I would plead, 'please, just a little bite?" After which, he would concede, "Awight, dus' a littwe nibbow". And he would tilt his head and smirk. And even after I moved away and Ryan was getting older - he was always excited to see me. I miss those days, and I am not looking forward to Ethan being this age, when your 'old' Aunt it a nuisance - especially in front of your friends...

No comments: