Saturday, December 1, 2007

Todd & Andie





This weekend, younger brother, Todd (I used to call him little, but at 6'1", I don't think he's that little) and his wife Andrea, came to visit. I am so happy to have them, especially being in the middle of the holiday's, and missing the Thanksgiving Day festivities with the whole family.


Mom sent Christmas gifts with them - which, everyone knows I don't wait - so I immediately opened them. I was so excited to get a monka (sp?) pan. Monka pans are very heavy cast iron with wells to make doughnut-like pancakes. They're swedish, and since Mom's family is swedish with very strong traditions Mom used to make them. Mom had a monka pan, and Nana and Mom used to make us swedish pancakes around the holidays. I love them!


This was my first time EVER making them, and as you can see - the first batch - not so good, but getting better. I'll soon master the technique.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Torki

- I Tagged YOU. Which means that you look at my BLOG under Tagged, copy it and paste it into your blog as you answer the questions of the tag......

And those MONKAS....oooh so yummy

avtolman said...

They were so yummy!!!! Round two was even better!