Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom


I am a horrible daughter. I completely forgot to call my Mom on her birthday, which was Saturday. I have something for her that I will be sending back with my cute little sister-in-law, and younger brother. Last year Dad and Mom transferred all of the old home movies to DVD. As I watch them over and over with my son, I see new little things. And I never realized what a funny person Mom is. I mean, Mom has always been - you know - MOM.

So, Happy Belated Birthday, Mom. I love you because you are funny, because you are smart, because you are witty, because you know when to say things and when to bite your tongue, becaue you have taught me compassion and service, and because you chose to be my MOM.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Torki,

That was beautiful! You have truly grown up to become a beautiful and graceful woman!

Unknown said...

As a very famous daughter once wrote: M is for MOM not MAID. I cannot read the words without crying and the tears are blocking my sight. So all the remarks have gone straight to my heart and caused a great eruption of love for you. Thank-you sweethearts for being you and making me "Mom".
Much, much love, Your Proud Mom