Sunday, August 24, 2008

..."Forever Strong"...

Y'all have got to check this out. Dustin is a long time family friend who grew up down the street from us (or us them... whatever). Tyler and Dustin were good friends, and Mom was the Den leader for both boys for some years. Dustin would come over and hang out sometimes while waiting for Tyler to finish his "jobs" he would fiddle around the piano. Dustin has never had lessons (I don't think) and he does not know how to read music. He is just gifted and blessed with talent. We used to hum tunes to him and he would plunk around for a minute or two but then he'd just start playing whatever it was. He is seriously awesome. Dustin has done many things of notoriety but just recently I found this (as I was nosing around his blog). It is so awesome to see and hear his talents recognized. I am such a huge fan. One day when he is hosting some big awards show I can say "I used to know that kid".
http://dustinonline.blogspot.com/2008/08/forever-strong-song-clip.html
This is the theme song from a movie that is coming out later this year, I think, which Dustin wrote and perfoms. I am always in such awe whenever I hear something he does. Dustin is also Jerrytown.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Tori, you are so sweet to be one of Dustin fans. I'm getting so I don't brag about him because I think people are sick of hearing me.He loves your family so much. I think he spent as much time at your house as ours. I think yours was more fun because at our house we had Bret and Cody in a fist fight almost daily and It scared Dusti. They were a little out of control sometimes. I remember him going down and telling your grandpa about it and he was so nice to listen and give some advice. He loved your grandparents on you moms side like his own. What a great example he had in your family