Thursday, July 31, 2008

Blue's Clues

Right now, Ethan is totally into Blue's Clues. He freaks out. We will be sitting at lunch or dinner, and he'll start singing the clue song, or the mail song. So, I started looking for the "handy dandy Notebook" to buy... I'm sorry, but this is a phase, and there is no way I am paying $20.00 plus for a notebook that he probably won't want anything to do with in the next 3 months.

So, I made my own. While Ethan was taking a nap. Mind you, it is not proportionate, but it suffices. It was awesome because he woke from his nap and came downstairs. As soon as he saw it, he was excited. Who would've thought a few scraps of paper and a cheap tablet would make such an awesome toy. You may be able to tell - I covered it with packaging tape toe keep him from picking it apart within the first 5 minutes. He has carried it around with him and to bed. He even puts the crayon in the spiral part of the tablet.

3 comments:

Stephie said...

LOL!! Man I'm glad my kids are outta that stage...of course, Ian's about to begin it...DANG!! Oh well...at least I know all the songs...

Tolman Tribe said...

Ethan is hilarious sis. I love his harmonica playing. It's so funny the personalities they have. It's not like they develop them either, it's just plain old built in. We try to sway them from the bad and point them toward the good but nonetheless built in. Anyways, cute Blue's Clues book. Quite the quick thinking. You should start your own home business. . . Homemade toys by Tova.

The Amazing Mumfords said...

Wow! Really great job on the notebook there . .. $20 bucks? You could sell yours for $15 and make a mint! LOL!