Saturday, June 7, 2008

Merry Milk Days, Harvard

Every year Harvard, IL has Milk Days. Harvard is a small town, but largely a dairy community. Milk Days is a very big deal, they have cattle shows, a parade, a breakfast, a run, a carnival and parties - it's all weekend and they even paint the main street white. In the middle of town, they have Hermelda (spelling?) the town mascot.

My very great friend, Debbie, is from Harvard and grew up on a dairy farm. Holbrich Holsteins. Debbie's family is awesome, they have been like a second family to me through the years. But Debbie and Larry knew each other first - at ISU (Illinois State Univ). I have been fortunate to join Debbie during such events.


This year we took Ethan to see the parade - he wasn't too big on it, but he did really enjoy the marching bands, and the best part were the fire trucks and paramedics. He waved to the firemen, and fire dogs, and wailed along with the sirens. After that, he sort of lost interest.

We were also joined by some other of Debbie's "city" friends, of whom I've also had the pleasure in getting to know over the last few years: Sheri, Kevin and Lilliana Albrecht and their friend Joe.

2 comments:

Sally Chuntz said...

Tori, it has been so much fun to see you family each week on your blog. You are probably an excellent scap booker too, unlike myself!! I firmly believe in keeping all my pics in a grocery sack!! But I at least write all the imfo on the back of each pic. You are still my beautiful Tori and I am so glad you met somebody who truly deserves you. I'm sure he knows how lucky he is, if not, I'll be glad to tell him. But I can tell you are so in love and happy with him!! And a beautiful baby boy. He is such a cutie!! I'm so jealous. Rik ( who just turned 38 last week. Can you believe it!! ) has been married 5 years and I only have 2 granddoggies. Lisa is single and on the 20 year program for her AA degree!! But having tons of fun. She was a loan officer, but is starting a new job as a office manger. She served a mission in Ecuador. Me, I'm still flying, traveling and looking for Mr. Right. Please please please stay in touch. I've thought of you often all these years. Love, Sally

Tolman Tribe said...

I can't believe how much Ethan is changing. He is so adorable. We wish you guys could come out here for a visit :(