Monday, April 7, 2008

Happy Birthday, Tami

It is my older littler sister's birthday (8th). She is very young, of course. I am so happy to have a sister and friend in her.
Tami is my best friend - but it was not always that way. Growing up we disliked one another, and she was way too smart to be hanging out with the likes of me. Tami was a debater and on the fast path to being a gold medalist gymnast and lawyer. I was not. In fact, I was just in the now and having fun.

When we were very young, Tasha and I were so antagonistic (yes, I know, hard to believe!) and would make Tami so mad she would yell at us (but she was taller than me then). When Tami yelled, the vain in her neck would pop out, so we were antagonistic to see it pop out. It was way cool. Not like Tyler puffing his face, but that is another story for another time.
Even though we shared a family and some of the same friends (her senior year) or friends in the same families we did not hang out that much together or even talk. The day Tami & Ly got married is the day that changed. I don't know but for some reason we have been very close ever since.

I know I have scared her and tested her and ticked her off, but she has always been by my side.

I love you my sister, my friend! (I hope she approves of the pix I've used here)

1 comment:

Blayne said...

Happy birthday to tami. It is so fun to look at your blog. i have never seen pictures of your parents when they were young.You have a wonderful family