Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April's Fools

Well, I think I am very funny and very clever, of course. I played a very well thought out and flawlessly executed prank on a co-worker. It went so well, I came home with my confidence hoping to wreak more havoc.
I had a doctor's appointment last month - true. I had to get some lab work done this week - true. I got test results today - true (just general girly stuff). Larry is aware of the series of events. So, when I came home from work I set it up by asking if he was in a good mood. We moved on to other things. I told him we needed to have a discussion. Now, over the last 12 years whenever I say "Larry"! he knows, crap, here is comes, what now? We walked to Ethan's room, and I showed him how to convert Ethan's crib to a bed - rather, the logistics of it. While in Ethan's room, I reminded him of my girl stuff, and said... yadda yadda yadda, "I'm pregnant"!
Well, it didn't go so well. He threw up a little in his mouth, and almost cried. He was visibly upset, so I quickly threw in an "April Fools!"
Larry was not humored. He was mad. I was laughing but had to apologize because he really looked like he was going to cry his little eyes out.
It was a good April Fool's joke, because he believed it.

4 comments:

Stephie said...

Ha! Ha! I love it!! :-) Next time, tell him it's twins!! You may have a full-blown mess to clean up though after he throws up!! :-)

Tolman Tribe said...

That's funny I tried this prank on Tyler but for some reason it didn't work this year.

Blayne said...

Tori that is a riot. I tried to think of something funny but my family knows sll my tricks. Maybe I should try that Love Pat

Unknown said...

I pulled the same thing on my sister and she started to cry for joy. I almost didn't want to say it was an "april fools" joke.