Sunday, March 30, 2008

Journaling

As I stalk some of you in blog-land, I notice you are using your blogs as a journal, which never occurred to me. I started my blog to keep all of our distant friends and family updated on our lives - very exciting and adventurous lives, I might add. Not really.
Recently, I made book for Ethan. It recounts the first year of his life. Really, it's a hardback book that I had published. It is awesome. It took me over 3 mos to create (not continuously). And I was having a hard time remembering some of the details. I started thinking out loud to Larry and saying that I need to start keeping a journal for him, but I'm not a big fan of writing anymore. This modern contraption they call a laptop is so convenient. Not like the very archaic pen and paper. I bought a notebook and pens for Ethan's journal, so when I go to create his next book, it will be with greater ease.
Today, I received an email invitation from my sister-in-law, Andrea. It is a link that some of you also may be interested in - journal on-line. I have already started, and being the zealot I am, I started one for me too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can other people or companies access your online journal? How do the enusure it is private? (Yes If I'm going to keep my secrets somewhere, I want to make certain they will stay secret, personal thoguhts and experiences) - hahaha.

Unknown said...

Its pretty cool how it is set up. It is as hard to get into as it is to get into your bank account. It has a series of things that protects it. it Asks questions about you that only you would know and has one of those picture things that protect it too. It seems very safe to me. Just be sure to log out every time you use it to ensure no one jumps on it after your done.