Saturday, December 29, 2007

Ouch -


Okay, I got this gift certificate, and I thought of something I would really like, but have never considered buying it, because, you know, I don't really need it. It's an epilator. I thought this would be really cool. I get so sick and sick of shaving and the rate my hair grows - every other day. A few of my girlfriends are doing the laser hair removal, and I'm considering it, but I want to see how theirs goes - you know, like: is there going to be spotty regrowth...? So, I picked this little trinket up. First of all, I thought 'how painful can it really be? I tweeze my brows, and I have given birth, afterall'.


So, I read the directions and informational pamphlet as a good consumer should
The new epilation head comes with 40 tweezers, twice as many than before, and removes significantly more hair in one single stroke than any other epilator, combining the benefits of long lasting incredibly smooth skin with convenience and efficiency.

Let me tell you - OOOOOOUUUUUUCH!!!!! It was like getting a tatto - at first it really hurts, but after a while you sort of get used to it. Then you start on the other side and it's worse! Needless to say, I only did my legs to the knees. I let them rest for a while, and I decided to shower and exfoliate my skin - BAD IDEA!!!! BURN!!!!! I got out of the shower and my legs were literally pulsating. I have very sensitive skin afterall - I'm serious, I cannot use lotions with perfumes, alcohol, or dyes in them. Then I used this tonic I have been for several years to prevent in-grown hairs - SHEESH! Talk about massochistic!

The directions say: pain will diminish with use. I highly doubt that since it's suppose to last about 3-4 weeks. Just as you've recovered. Only to start the painful process all over again.

2 comments:

Tolman Tribe said...

count me out..let me know what the outcome of the laser is.

Anonymous said...

Too much information......(yikes)