Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Well, Ethan woke up this morning with a fever and a barking cough. I know y'all think I'm the most paranoid mother in the world, and I sort of am. But, the pediatrician told me to bring him in if he ever has a cough AND a fever. It is never convenient to call in sick at work, but I did, made an appointment for Ethan and took him in. He has the croup. They hooked him up to the nebulizer and steamed away. At first, he thought it was cool like Darth Vader, but it was a nuissance about 2 seconds after that. Then, when he learned he wasn't allowed to remove it, he worked himself into such a frenzy he could barely breathe.

2 comments:

The Amazing Mumfords said...

Scary! I HATE croup . . it is the worst . .that barking cough and not being able to breathe . . hope he feels better soon . . and you too. :)

CHUNTZ said...

Oh sad, oh tender!