Sunday, April 12, 2009

April 8th, was my older sister, Tami's birthday. I think I forgot to post because she is in Hawaii with her family, and I'm jealous. My sister is not only my sister but also my best friend. A little bit ago, Tami was diagnosed with Uterine cancer resulting in a full hysterectomy. It was scary for me to think that I might lose my sister or I may have to take care of her. She has been taking care of me for so many years, it was really strange.

Even though Tami and I did not talk much in our year from about 8 on, as adults, we have become close. When everyone else had given up and abandoned all hope (including myself), Tami was the only one who was there for me to pick me up, and put me back together time and time again. I could never begin to repay my sister for all that she is to me, but I hope I can be as good of a friend and sister to her. I love yah, Tam!

5 comments:

The Gang! said...

That sounds like your sister in A NUt shell! YOu are as great of a person as she too! I love to stay connected to you! Great tribute! HOpe all my siblings feel this way about me! LUv ya!

The BC Fam said...

It's great how "growing up" can bring you close to people. What would we do without sisters?! Ethan is so cute and getting so big :)

Barb Elder said...

Wow great post. I remember the two of you in YW and girls camp. I always say that "Sister are the BEST"! You both are such wonderful people. I am so glad you are such good friends.

Anonymous said...

Torki, I just saw this :) and I'm sitting here crying and wiping tears.... I love you!!!1

tasha said...

I think of all the hard times we gave Tami as she had to babysit us as we were growing up! Poor Tami! What a blessing it is to have each other! I'd be completely lost without you two! I feel so blessed...I can't stop crying...maybe it's because I'm prego...yeah, that's it....Thanks for being the best Sisters ever! I love you!