Monday, February 2, 2009

Okay. I realize I have been absent for a few weeks. It has been so crazy here. I have been sick with an URI (upper respiratory infection), the following week Ethan caught it, now Larry has it! Argh! I have been on mandatory 'additional work hours' and working on weekends.
Now, I have learned why this age/phase is called "terrible two's". Ethan has always been a patient and wonderful child (what am I saying - it's been like 2 yrs), but lately... O-M-G! Seriously! The tantrums. He'll come grab my hand crying and whining and yelling "Ma! Ma!", so I pick him up, but he doesn't want to be picked up, so I put him down, he doesn't want down. He ends up throwing himself on the floor and squirming and wriggling around crying out various things: "I hurt! I sad, Ma! I fell! Drink, drink! Cheese! Get outta here Kita! Daddy, help!" Nothing appeases him. He is still upset. I laugh - literally - very loud at him. I know that's not right, but it's seriously so funny. Yes, it makes him more mad. It usually results in me telling him to work it out and walk away - is that a bad thing?
Eventually he either works it out himself, or we put him in time out. After time out, he winds up saying "sorry, ma", disgusted, though and not sincere at all. By this time, he has been so hysterical that he can barely breathe.
I know, I know. This is my own fault. This child is so spoiled, and when he gets sick, I totally give him anything he wants. Now... how the crud do I fix it?

2 comments:

The Amazing Mumfords said...

Ha! Oh Tori! I feel for you. :) But I do the same thing! It's either laugh or go crazy. When you get your answer pass it along to me - my kid is way out of the two's and he still throws tantrums. :)

Anonymous said...

He sounds like EVERY male I know......nothing unusual about tantrums.....haha!