Sunday, February 22, 2009

I can't believe I forgot to blog this... Valentine's Day. It's different for us because of last year. This year Larry worked because of the Memorial Services held for the NIU anniversary of the shooting that occurred last year http://www.niu.edu/PubAffairs/RELEASES/2009/feb/2-14-09.shtml. Larry invited me to a luncheon reception for the first responders. Meaning, all of those who were the first on the scene and in the hall afterwards. The DeKalb firemen, 8 NIU officer's including Chief Grady, Larry, the LT's, and the rest of the officer's and Sgt's. I had been so detached from the whole thing, but it was a really emotional day, and actually let me appreciate my husband a lot more. It really touched me that the family members of the victims and deceased would come up and shake the officer's hands and thank them for all they did.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Tori, I can't believe how cute your little guy is. I wish you lived by me and i would babysit him all the time. I have been so busy lately. I don't know if I am comming or going. Brittany has a baby boy, yes her number 4, comming. Her due date is March 24. She needs to hang on until at least the 11th of march. If she doesn't, then the insurance doesn't pay. She has been in labor off and on for about 3 weeks now. She says she doesn't need help. I know other wise. Two of the threes she has now came 5 week early.