Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I almost forgot - Happy Mother's Day to all the sister mother's, I know, and especially to the best Mom I know: Mom
My relationship with my mother has really come full circle in the last couple of years, and I have been so fortunate to have many memorable and sentimental conversations with her. Often times, late at night, I will see mom on IM and send her a note. We will chat for a bit. On such an occasion, Mom remembered a story. I guess when I was very young and Dad traveled a lot, all the kids would be in bed and off to the land of nod by 9 or 9:30 (starting with Tami at the earliest of course). I would sneak down stairs and Mom would pop popcorn, and we would watch old Carey Grant movies and snuggle up together under a blanket. I don't remember these experiences at all, but I do love Carey Grant movies, and I do stay up late. Some behaviors are learned and not genetic. This I definitely got from Mom - being a night owl. In turn, Ethan has inherited it from me... crap. Turn about is fair play? Or something like that? There are many other stories, and other memories mom has shared with me, but this one is my favorite, because it is just ours.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

You have the sweetest mom on earth! Hope you had a great Mother's Day!