Monday, April 14, 2008

My Child is a Genius...

Alright, I know: every parent thinks their child is the smartest and so advanced for their age. But mine is... just kidding. But seriously, I was reading the Baby Center update that I get once a month after subscribing when I was pregnant (for anyone expecting for the first time, it is awesome). In it this month... Your Toddler at 18 months... blah blah blah... time-outs... chewing gum... table manners...

"To be on the safe side, hold off on gum until at least age 4. Like small hard foods such as popcorn, hot dogs, and dried fruits, gum is a choking hazard. Most children don't understand the concept of chewing without swallowing until they're around 4"

Well, Ethan has been chewing gum since before he was one. He actually chews it and retains it. He likes the Ice Breakers gum but he will chew the Trident for at least 2 hours or more.
Then, I read this:

"Your toddler is surer on his feet, loves to climb all over your furniture, and can connect with a kick ball if he concentrates hard enough".

Ethan has been kicking soccer balls since he was walking - literally.
So... in summary, yes, my child is very advanced and may be a genius... maybe not, but it's all about me and what I want to hear.

4 comments:

Tolman Tribe said...

You're too funny! He is a little genius! A cute one at that!

Stephie said...

Of course he's a genius!! Time to give him a genius little brother or sister!! HA! HA! :-)

Anonymous said...

Ethan is Beautiful, and Brilliant. I can't wait to see him!

The BC Fam said...

You're right, mom's always are, genius he is!