Monday, March 3, 2008

W O W!

It's an acronym... and my husband, sadly, has fallen to the dark side. It has taken him over and consumed him.

When Larry announces he "needs to help save Azeroth"... I heave a heavy sigh, and shake my head in shame...

He started playing a few years ago, but it was occasionally. He really became addicted - and it is addicting - (as my babysitter also plays along with her son-in-law) while I was pregnant. I'm sure because... the hormones... yah, we'll go with that. I'm sure it was an escape. It's a whole freakish world out there: World of Warcraft. I can only picture, as you see on movies & TV shows, these nerdy kids and adults sitting around with headsets, IM-ing each other and going into battle with and against each other.

So, from what I understand it's like a sci-fi capture the flag. But you get to create your own character and you build up credits/money, and powers and weaponry. I just... I don't know.

photos courtesy of WOWinsider - oh, yah - there's a blog & on-line mag!

1 comment:

The BC Fam said...

I'm right there with you-we're considered W.O.W. Widows! Bret loves the game and my 10 year old son has caught the bug! Cody's blog has a pic. of him playing it, too.