Sunday, March 2, 2008

Ahhh... Relief!

I have extremely dry hands. I mean, extremely, like excruciating. They are rough, cracked, bleeding... yuck. My girlfriends, Debbie, (DVM and dairy farmer), and Stacie (dental hygienist - so, obsessive hand washing) have the same problem. We are on a constant quest to find the best hand creams. The thing is, though, our skin is very sensitive. I cannot use detergents with perfumes, or I get a rash. When I was younger, Grandma used to give me bag balm (used for the utters of dairy cows). I cannot even use normal bar soap. Add to that, I hate hate HATE having lotion on the palm side of my hands. I cannot stand it! Stacie and I are always searching for new products and then telling each other or buying extra for the other.

We finally found a product that Bath & Body Works came out with in their Spa line.

It works, but wears off too quickly, the one nice thing, though, it has paraffin (wax) in it, so it immediately soothes.

Typically, I have a tube of A & D ointment, and pure lanolin. I have been known to also use Carmex on my bleeding knuckles in an emergency. I am at an impasse.

Finally, my girlfriend Debbie (knowing my plight) gave me this cream for my birthday. It IS AWESOME!!!! I just cannot say enough. I love this store, but now, it will be a staple. It is light, so I don't feel suffocated, it smells very clean, and there is no burning. I feel immediate relief.

1 comment:

The Amazing Mumfords said...

I am the same way and living in Vegas only makes it worse! I have been using Neosporin on my dry knuckles - I will have to check this stuff out. Thanks for sharing!