Sunday, January 20, 2008

Larry's Adventurous Daddy Weekend

This weekend, I had plans with friends - Friday night dinner with my very good friend, Carla. Saturday a baby shower in the city, and then a fun evening with my friend Debbie, whom I haven't been out with since I got pregnant. I was very excited because this was the first night that I could be out and not worry about getting up with Ethan. And since it was the city, I was staying over night with Deb.
Larry was left at home. With Ethan. By themselves. When I got home this afternoon, Larry was exasperated and said he needed a nap after chasing after Ethan all day - he is very busy, he says. As if I didn't already know? So, I asked, exactly what happened? Last night I left just an hour or so before he went to bed, so nothing there, Ethan slept 'til 8 am, but I guess it was mayhem after that. Larry left the lock on the kitchen sink door leaving all of the cleaning supplies exposed - Larry went upstairs to take a few things up and he came back down. Ethan had sprinkled Comet all over the kitchen floor and rug (our floors are hardwood) and had a sponge. He was cleaning. Larry scooped him up and put him in his crib while he cleaned the "mess" up. Ethan ran circles around Larry making him climb up and down the stairs "practicing" different ways of getting down.
I relish these stories and moments, because you all know how fast time flies. And my baby is no longer a baby. I am not ready yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very very funny! Go Larry....I think you're an amazing Daddy and I'm so glad that You, Torki and Ethan are safe, secure and your home is filled with LOVE.....I know that sounds so cheezy - but there are so many children and women who aren't safe in their own homes...I can die Happy!