Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Well, here it is: the 21st Century and 34 yrs old. I am just learning how to blog. Well, at least I'm not fighting as much as my spouse, who feels it a technical challenge to use a navigation system. Regardless, I'm pretty excited.

Since, this is my first experience, expect many changes and of course, errors galore. I have recently joined Facebook, a social networking tool, which has actually connected me to a few people with whom I have lost touch with, sadly.

Here's the very long, and - but trying to summarize - short of it:

My husband and I met in 1996, three years after a very long distance relationship and "many ports", I landed a job here in Illinois. Quicker than planned, I immediately moved in with Larry. We moved around from Naperville, to Chicago, to Aurora, and West to Sugar Grove about every 2 yrs. Somewhere in the middle of all of the moves, Larry joined the police force. I switched jobs like I switch purses and shoes (for those of you that don't know - it's often!). I get around - wink, wink.

While Larry was working nights, I was discovering the Chicago nightlife. In January of 2006, I was surprised to learn I was pregnant. Ethan Bishop Ellington was born September 21. at 9:48 pm, 19 in, 6lbs 13 Oz. We got married in July and ever since, it has been a whirlwind of no sleep, chaos, joy, pain, and sadness that he is growing up too fast.
Since birth, Ethan has adapted my sleep habits - as in nocturnal - although, I'm told, it's what babies do. Who knew? I guess I never grew out of it. When Ethan started crawling in May he finally started sleeping more than just 40 minutes at a time, and napping longer than 5-20 minutes, if at all. He didn't walk very long because before he was 10 months he was up and running - literally running.
Oh, and he's a talker - I think he gets that from his Nana. Non stop, running his mouth. He doesn't actually say words, but he knows he is the boss of me, and tells me so every day. He is very dramatic, and expressive and is the perfect combination of both our positive attributes.

No comments: